Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Eeprom verify error on bs2p40 — Parallax Forums

Eeprom verify error on bs2p40

BrankoBranko Posts: 3
edited 2006-05-31 21:00 in BASIC Stamp
Hi

I have replaced the EEprom memory on my BS2P40 with 24LC128 (had some problems....).

Now when I tried to load the program in to basic stamp it starts to upload, but after few seconds it returns EEprom verify error. The program should use the memory banks (slots) , so I think I have to·organize the memory in banks (slots)...·That might be a kind of formating the memory. Is there some program for that?

It might bee I'm thinking wrong, but I don't know how to manage that.

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-31 19:22
    Hello,

·· No formatting of the EEPROM is necessary, but what I would check is that the 24LC128 is compatible with the 24WC128 that we use on the BS2p40.· Please also double check connections and potential solder bridges.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • BrankoBranko Posts: 3
    edited 2006-05-31 20:28
    Many thanks,

I think the soldering is OK and there are no short contacts between the pins. I use the 24LC128-I/SN RoHS compliant, that is all I know as·my knowlage about the EEproms is pure (low). It is not possible to get 24wc128 here in EU, exept perhaps from Parallax, but I didn't find the part number on their web page, also the postage (25$) will be 5 times the value of the chip.

Perhaps it is some diference·in use of some pins (some pin for write protect...), but it will be hard to find out for me, so perhaps it is easier is to get the·part number for 24wc128j and order it from Parallax?

Perhaps someone know which pin of EEprom to pull up (the pin numer 7 maybe...) if there is perhaps write protection...

Regards, Branko

·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-31 21:00
    Branko,

·· Using Google you should be able to obtain the datasheets for free just to compare the datasheet information.· I apologize for confusing you, this is what I meant to do when I said to compare them.· I actually meant to compare specs as listed in the datasheets.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com