Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DC Specs on Parallax Products — Parallax Forums

DC Specs on Parallax Products

HarborHarbor Posts: 73
edited 2006-05-29 19:38 in BASIC Stamp
I am doing a power budget on my current project and I can't seem to find the DC specifications page for items like the BS2P and the LCD appmod (#29121). I've estimated the PINK at 100 mA based on some docs for the earlier Parallax product from Red... somebody, but I'd like to confirm that also if I can. Could someone give me a link to the right pages for this information?

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-05-29 09:07
    Harbor -

The Stamp Comparison guide listed at the location below, will give you the power consumption figures for all the Stamp platforms:
    http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/tech/faqs/stamp_specs.asp

I can't help you with the LCD AppMod, as the only reference I can find would indicate less than 1 mA, and I find that rather doubtful. Minor additional current will be drawn if any of the buttons are pressed.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-05-29 11:00
    The Pink requires about 160 mA at 5V, according to the comments from Chris Savage at http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=583990
  • HarborHarbor Posts: 73
    edited 2006-05-29 19:38
    That's just the page I was looking for, Bruce. Thank you. Couldn't seem to find it.

And it's reassuring to see that Chris had to go measure a PINK in the lab, Forrest. I thought I was missing something obvious when I looked over all the documentation several times and still couldn't find the power figures for the PINK. Thanks for finding that post.

To summarize for anyone reading this thread:

PINK = 160 mA. This would be the usual "typical" value from a DC spec, since Chris measured a running unit. If needed, the "max" value should not be more than 200 mA and probably less, because the PINK is just a micro-p running a comm protocol stack. I may be overlooking something, but I can't picture any high draw activities that might converge to create an especially high max value.

BS2P40 = 40 mA running, plus whatever draw you take from the pins (within the permissible limits of course).