Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Potentiometer value? — Parallax Forums

Potentiometer value?

Leticia ProjectLeticia Project Posts: 30
edited 2006-05-30 16:21 in BASIC Stamp
Hi!

Does anyone know what value the ponentiometer in a parallax standard servo has?
I need to·replace it since I´ve built a circuit that runs a large servo thorugh the standard servo circuit. To maintain the positioning, I will use a linary ponetimeter attached to the large servo. blush.gif

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-05-27 15:09
    Hmm. Apparently, he's trying to replace the variable resistor which is inside the Futaba (or whatever) servo that Parallax sells. He's doing this to run a larger 'motor' (I assume) using the standard servo circuitry, new gearing, and a replacement variable resistor.

I don't know -- this kind of 'hacking' is either brilliant, or very innocent, or both. I think a 10 Kohm variable resistor should work. On the other hand, if you're really doing this, why not take out the standard servo variable resistor and measure it?

There are web-sites that explain how to modify a standard servo -- www.kronos-robotics.com is one that comes to mind.
  • Leticia ProjectLeticia Project Posts: 30
    edited 2006-05-27 15:27
    Thank you!

Actually I could measure it, just thought someone might know, do you think this will work?
    I`m very grateful for your help with programming our boat allanlane5!
  • AmaralAmaral Posts: 176
    edited 2006-05-29 01:46
    Be carefull with the size of LOAD you are going to put in this circuit, it's designed for a small motor (that is inside the servo) if you put a bigger motor it can damage it (fry)

Amaral.

(I'm not been negative, just trying to help you not to loose you circuit )
    edited 2006-05-30 12:43
    Actually, I´ve built a circuit that runs the larger motor, controled by the servo circuit, so there´s no chance of that [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • bennettdanbennettdan Posts: 614
    edited 2006-05-30 15:15
    Leticia do you mind sharing the curcuit you have for the larger motor?
    edited 2006-05-30 16:21
    Of course not! I`ll see if I can find it! [noparse]:)[/noparse]