Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
i fried my boebots serel to paralel converter — Parallax Forums

i fried my boebots serel to paralel converter

boeboyboeboy Posts: 301
edited 2006-05-30 23:51 in BASIC Stamp
i fried my boebots serel to paralel converter freaked.gif and i do not no wat to do can eney one hellp me?

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-05-26 01:17
    Your spelling is SO bad, I suspect there's not much we can do to help you.

A BS2 does not have a serial to parallel converter, by the way.
  • boeboyboeboy Posts: 301
    edited 2006-05-26 14:25
    i am not talking about the BS2! I have a USB bord of edu and, it has an on bord USB to serial converter and sorry for the spelling.
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-05-26 15:05
    Ah. So you have a "USB" version of the BOE. Now, the BS2 is the 24-pin 'module' that should be plugged in to the BOE board. How do you know it's fried? Did you install the FTDI drivers before you plugged in the USB port?

(Note the 'native' windows USB drivers don't properly detect the USB-BOE board's FTDI chips -- you MUST install the FTDI drivers before plugging in the USB cable. No harm done if you haven't -- you can unplug the USB cable and install the FTDI drivers even now.)
  • SuperwormsSuperworms Posts: 118
    edited 2006-05-27 02:23
    if you really think it is "dead" that call parallax tech support and tell them everything
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-27 16:32
    f eye were ewe eye wood ant 4 go eh spelling checker. AS U kin sea mine is perfect.

In other words, good communication is dependent on commonly accepted standards.·

Every language has homophones and you can easily encrypt your meaning to such, but many people will just ignore what is presented in such a confusing fashion.

Please, I beg you to try to make it easy for the reader.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 5/27/2006 5:22:07 PM GMT
  • SuperwormsSuperworms Posts: 118
    edited 2006-05-27 17:22
    kramer, you have some spelling mistakes like i do]
    edited 2006-05-27 23:30
    i will try
    edited 2006-05-27 23:41
    allanlane5 said...
    Ah. So you have a "USB" version of the BOE. Now, the BS2 is the 24-pin 'module' that should be plugged in to the BOE board. How do you know it's fried? Did you install the FTDI drivers before you plugged in the USB port?

(Note the 'native' windows USB drivers don't properly detect the USB-BOE board's FTDI chips -- you MUST install the FTDI drivers before plugging in the USB cable. No harm done if you haven't -- you can unplug the USB cable and install the FTDI drivers even now.)
    Yes I installed the driver and it worked for a little bit then it stooped i think that it (the USB to serial converter on the bord) got shocked with static.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-28 09:14
    I doubt that static is your problem.
    Did you put an 'electrically live' unprotected board on a metal surface?

Generally static destroys individual loose components.
    Once they are in the board, static generally only can zap the I/O if it gets a chance to do so.

Did you switch the plugin of the USB after the original setup?
    I have a lot of USB ports [noparse][[/noparse]4 USB1.0 on the mother board and 4USB2.0 in a card]
    My Parallax provided driver only works for COM4 which is a USB plug in the front of my computer.
    If I switch to the back [noparse][[/noparse]which is seen as COM1], it doesn't work.

If you did switch, try going back to where it first worked.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
    edited 2006-05-30 23:51
    no and i have tried that and thanks