Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need some ideas to get my brain spinning.. er my propeller spinning. — Parallax Forums

Need some ideas to get my brain spinning.. er my propeller spinning.

medelmanmedelman Posts: 21
edited 2006-05-24 14:05 in Propeller 1
Hi guys,

I recieved my propstick a few weeks ago, and honestly I have done much with it yet expect blink an LED. It's not that I can't figure it out, I just can't come up with any ideas of what to program or build. When I took an intro to engineering class last fall we used a BS2 and we made a cool gantry crane for our final project. How do you guys do it? I thought about a robot, but then I get into the habit of thinking outside of my league. I'm kind of interested in doing something artsy and/or interactive. For some reason a self contained lock/puzzle box comes to mind. A bunch of buttons with possibly an lcd or led screen. Ok, now I'm rambling. How do you guys that have completed projects do it?

Matt

Comments

• Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2006-05-24 02:34
    Usually I don't have a problem coming up with ideas on what to do. Here are some starter questions to provoke your thoughts:

Is there an aspect of electronics you are interested in exploring? Control Algorithms? Digital? Analog?
    Is there anything around your home that you wish you could automate?
    Is there an item around your house now that you wish had better features or improved capacity for performance?

Many of my ideas stem from wanting to learn more about a particular subject. Some projects are odd, like my mini water fountain controller (I hope to finish building it and use a Propeller), and others are for edutainment, like my robot. Another suggestion I have is for you to make lists. Keep a notepad with you and jot down ideas that come to mind, you never know when inspiration will hit. Another idea - flip through old Nuts & Volts or the Basic Stamp Books/App Notes/Forum and see what others are doing. Maybe there will be a project you want to mimic or maybe you will have a whole new idea.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark is all it takes for an idea to explode
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-24 07:35
    Try the video with the mouse. It will inspire you.

Do you need an 8 channel logic anyalizer?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-05-24 14:05
    After playing with it, and working with Beau on the servo project (which is waiting for $$$), I started working on the sub systems for a number of other little goodies that I was tinkering with...
    Inspiration comes in many forms... Kids and their toyes... Men and our toys... yes... just look around [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Just tossing my two bits worth into the bit bucket

KK
    ·