Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Not Working — Parallax Forums

Stamp Not Working

Mr. HimMr. Him Posts: 2
edited 2006-06-21 15:00 in BASIC Stamp
I have a BS2 USB that does not work at all. When running a program it simply says "stamp not found". I have checked that the stamp is plugged in, is on, I have the drivers installed, etc. Is it possible that it is fried and I am screwed?

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-05-23 02:16
    What exactly is a BS2 USB? Last time I checked, Parallax doesn't sell a BS2 attached to a USB port.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-23 05:14
    Is this perhaps a BS1 USB?· Or are you using a USB Board Of Education with a BS2 on it?· If so how are you powering the board?· Is the computer a laptop or desktop?· Have you tried lowering the USB Latency Timer setting in the advanced Port Settings in the Device Manager?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Mr. HimMr. Him Posts: 2
    edited 2006-05-23 21:00
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28803

9v battery still around 7v.

desk

No.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-23 21:18
    Try a new battery...Lower the Latency timer...Verify that the Stamp Editor is seeing the port that was assigned by the USB Driver.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Dave TDave T Posts: 10
    edited 2006-06-20 20:19
    I have been using a Bs2SX on a Borad of Education for some simple servo control experiments for several years successfully on a desktop PC. Recently I upgraded to a laptop (with no serial port), so I bought a cable that converts USB to Serial (iDotconnect-usb 1.1), but so far, I can't get it to work. Meaning that I cannot dowload my .bsx code to the Stamp. I get the "No Basic Stamp found" message. I have selected COM4 port and have loaded the device drivers that come with the cable. Do you have any suggestions of how I can trouble-shoot this?
    edited 2006-06-20 20:21
    I saw a suggestion about "Latency Timer" but don't know how to adjust that--is it a PC or Stamp Editor setting?
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-06-20 23:39
    DaveT,

If you go into your "Device Manager" and click on "Ports" and then click on the USB to serial com port that is listed you will see a "Port Settings" tab, click on the "Port Settings" tab and then click on the "Advanced" button in the middle of the page and you should see a "Latency Timer" in the middle of the page.· We normally like to change it from 16 to 1·regarding timing issues.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
    edited 2006-06-21 15:00
    Thank you, Dave, I appreciate your help.