Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PIC16C57-20p — Parallax Forums

PIC16C57-20p

Jude TeddyJude Teddy Posts: 5
edited 2006-05-18 12:52 in BASIC Stamp
I ordered three pic16c57 chips from mouser electronics trying to go cheap. I found out that they were not preprogramed with the basic interpreter. What can I do with these chips? Can you guys program them for me? If so what are the conditions?

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-05-18 02:56
    No, sorry, we don't do that -- you'll have to buy the pre-programmed interpreters from us (or a distributor).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Jude TeddyJude Teddy Posts: 5
    edited 2006-05-18 03:40
    Thanks for your help Jon.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the road don't you complicate your mind.
    Bob Nestor Marley(Berhain Sellasie)
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-05-18 12:18
    Yup, sorry Jude. The program put into the PIC16C57 by Parallax is their intellectual property. They've been selling BS2's based on that run-time program for years. They do make available pre-programmed 16C57's, but you have to buy them from Parallax, or from another distributer of Parallax products.

On the good side, I don't think an un-programmed 16C57 is very expensive, so you haven't lost much. On the other good side, the programmed interpreter chip is like $29 or so, so you'll still have a 'cheaper' BS2 than the module.

And note the 16C57 DOES have a 'protect' fuse, so you can't copy the Parallax run-time from it to another 16C57.

P.S. as corrected below, the Interpreter chip is only $11 in single quanties.· Wow, such a deal!

Post Edited (allanlane5) : 5/18/2006 1:34:58 PM GMT
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2006-05-18 12:52
    The price seem to be $11 for the pre-programmed chip...

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=PBASIC2C/P

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse