Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller and Amulet GUI — Parallax Forums

Propeller and Amulet GUI

JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
edited 2006-05-16 01:10 in Propeller 1
Team:

The Propeller looks like a good solution for video displays, but in an effort to rapidly prototype a touchscreen GUI we are considering Amulet systems. Parallax has offered Amulet touchscreens and related hardware in the past, but it looks like now Parallax is no longer carrying it.

I was curious if a Propeller<>Amulet set-up makes good sense. Also, I wondered why Amulet gear no longer available. Is it a business reason, or a technical reason?

Thanks,

Jim C

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-05-15 14:29
    Primarily business reasons (I dont think they were selling many), but Parallax and Amulet are still on good terms with each other, Eduardo from Amulet was at the Propeller unveiling seminar in Feb.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    1+1=10
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-05-15 15:59
    This is not a selling pitch.
    I got nothing to do with those people, simply I really like the display.

Compare the features of the Amulet graphics and touch screen. and the ezLCD-004 graphics display.

Compare the quality of the display, the·16 bit color palette and the resolution of the touch screen.

Compare also the pricing.

·
  • JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
    edited 2006-05-16 01:10
    I've seen the ezLCD units mentioned on this board before and looked into the specs. It looks like it would be a nice monitor for a small project. My reservation is with the programming of the display. If the Amulet can actually be programmed with a high level language like html, seems like it might be easier to get somthing up and running.