Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to use PCA9532 led dimmer with basic stamp??? — Parallax Forums

How to use PCA9532 led dimmer with basic stamp???

Koco86Koco86 Posts: 6
edited 2006-05-11 10:51 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everyone,
My english is not good. sad.gif

I need use PCA9532 (http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/PCA9532BS.html) to control some LED with with basic stamp. I have BS2p24-IC connected to PCA9532 via I2C bus and use "I2COUT " command in program code, but it not work... sad.gif I'm in big stress, because I must finish this project tomorrow.

Please, help me somebody
Thanks a lot

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-05-11 09:22
    Koco86 -

It would be real helpful if you showed us the program code that you are using now, so we can help you to correct it.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-05-11 10:36
    Koko86 -

Two other things ocurred to me as I was waiting for your response. However, as regards that response, please also mention what the actual problem is - "it not work" doesn't tell us much smile.gif

I trust you are aware that there are only 2 permissable sets of pin ports that can be used to access I2C devices with the BS2p series of PBASIC Stamps. You may either:

Specify 0 in the first parameter and then use pins 0 and 1 (SDA, SCL)

OR

Specify 8 in the first parameter and then use pins 8 and 9 (SDA, SCL)

and no others. Additionally whichever pair of pins you use, each will need to have a 4.7K pull-up resistor on it (SDA and SCL).

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Koco86Koco86 Posts: 6
    edited 2006-05-11 10:51
    Uff,
    I was fix it, I'm so stupid, very stupid tongue.gif It was broken SDA cable [noparse]:)[/noparse] hmm. osciloscope is very usefull [noparse]:)[/noparse]

But very very thanks for your interest, have a nice day... smile.gif

PS: I have always stupid problems like this (broken cable, bad connections... )