Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PSC connection!!!??? — Parallax Forums

PSC connection!!!???

mwejdanymwejdany Posts: 3
edited 2006-05-11 19:25 in Robotics
Hi,
I need some information about how to connect PSC to Homemork Board (radio shack's). The docummentation provided with the PSC is giving info for Board of Education only. I also need some more info about the code to control 8 servos running robot arm. I hope you can help, thanks.
Regards

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-11 00:13
    As for the connections to the H/W Board,
    assuming you have a servo extender cable as used for the BOE and a 3-pin header, you can plug it into the breadboard area.· Make sure the 3-pin header is vertical across 3 rows.· With the cable plugged into the 3-pin header, run·a jumper wire from the black wire to Vss.· Run a jumper wire from the red wire to Vdd and run a jumper wire from the white wire to P15 on the H/W Board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • mwejdanymwejdany Posts: 3
    edited 2006-05-11 17:18
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried what you are suggesting , but still having problem communicating with PSC. Once I run the code thru RS232, the PSC goes crazy with the servos connected to it. Can you please send me more info about the SERIN and SEROUT command, to be applied in the Pbasic code to control my PSC. May be that will solve the problem. regards
    edited 2006-05-11 17:20
    Code examples are included in the documentation for the PSC.· As for more help on SERIN/SEROUT the Help File included with the BASIC Stamp Editor has examples and information on these commands, as does the BASIC Stamp Manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • mwejdanymwejdany Posts: 3
    edited 2006-05-11 17:31
    Thanks.
    I have already reviewed the text sources you are refering to , but still confused. I need examples about controling multi servos project. The text format is very profesional, I don't understand all of it, since I am only a hobbiest. I already tried the examples provided in the help page besides the PSC docummentation . Any advice? Regards
    edited 2006-05-11 18:13
    mwejdany said...(trimmed)
    I have tried what you are suggesting , but still having problem communicating with PSC. Once I run the code thru RS232, the PSC goes crazy with the servos connected to it. Can you please send me more info about the SERIN and SEROUT command, to be applied in the Pbasic code to control my PSC. May be that will solve the problem. regards
    What do you mean once you run the code through RS-232?· You should be controlling this from the H/W Board which is TTL serial, not RS-232.·

If you need an example of controlling multiple servos using the PSC and a BASIC Stamp check out the code examples on the following web page.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30063

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2006-05-11 19:25
    mwejdany said...
    ...I have tried what you are suggesting , but still having problem communicating with PSC. Once I run the code thru RS232, the PSC goes crazy with the servos connected to it. Can you please send me more info about the SERIN and SEROUT command, to be applied in the Pbasic code to control my PSC.· ...
    Perhaps if you post *your* code (that uses the SERIN / SEROUT commands), and you describe in some detail how your H/W board is connected to your computer (in order to program the BS2), and which version of the Stamp Editor you're using, ·and exactly how your H/W board is wired to your PSC board, and what "PSC goes crazy" means in better detail, then someone may be able to assist you to trouble-shoot your project?

PAR