Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Floating a thought balloon. — Parallax Forums

Floating a thought balloon.

SPLiNESPLiNE Posts: 1
edited 2006-05-10 02:15 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone. I have done a bit of research here and found that I can control a pair of stepper motors with my BS2 that was given to me by a friend. That would be the primary use of the stamp at hand. I have little experience with the programming of the stamp though. Or programming at all. I don't want to ask for the program specifically although tips on construction would be greatly appreciated. What I am trying to achieve is the construction of a small AZ EL rotor for amateur radio satellite applications. The load I am turning is very small compared to much of the larger antennas commonly used for this. The stepper motors I am looking at are 4 lead bipolar motors. I have software for tracking satellites called Orbitron. It has the drivers for connecting the PC to a rotor control box that would usually control the much larger and expensive rotor that is available for more permanent applications. I am not sure what the software is telling the rotor control. I hope I have not posted too premature. But, I am hoping to take the data from the PC to the stamp and then sending pulse to both of my steppers accordingly.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-05-10 02:15
    First things first: You should probably download and read our "What's A Microcontroller?" text to give you a good intro to the BASIC Stamp and programming. After that, you might consider "StampWorks" (by yours truly) as it gets into greater technical details and pro techniques. It would be wise to get a little experience under your belt before you take on a project like this one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax