Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Radio Shack Breadboard — Parallax Forums

Radio Shack Breadboard

manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
edited 2006-05-05 21:54 in Robotics
I am making the ARobot from Arrick Robotics, which uses a Basic Stamp 2, working through Roger Arrick's book 'Robot Building for Dummies'. The book's projects are based on the use of breadboard and protoboards from Radio Shack for which the ARobot base is predrilled:

Breadboard number 276-174

Protoboard number 276-170

I am in the UK and depend on·friends of mine in the US to send such items (Radio Shack, called Tandy,·closed down many years ago in the UK). As mentioned in another, long thread, RS seems to have closed down their electronic component business and no one can find these items.

Can anyone still find these items and would any forum member be prepared to send them to me? I can transfer cash via PayPal. I know that a Canadian electronics chain (can't remember the name) also had these items. Any ideas for alternatives (6 inch long breadboard/protoboard with fixing holes in the corners)

Thanks for any help or advice.

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
Isle of Man, British Isles

Comments

• A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
    edited 2006-05-03 22:28
    try:
    www.radioshack.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Somebody said...
    -Never Underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    ·
  • manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
    edited 2006-05-03 22:56
    I have tried Radio Shack's website, although I'm not sure is they would ship items to the UK.

The site shows 'out of stock' for the breadboard cry.gif

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-05-03 23:33
    John -

Do you happen to have pictures of either or both of the boards?

If any of us can find them, how many would you be hoping to obtain?

Hang in there, Radio Shack may not be the only source of those boards!

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-05-03 23:50
    John -

I found the pictures of the units you're looking for, and some of these breadboards from Farnell may make reasonable replacements:
    http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/searchPage2.jsp?Ntt=breadboard&Nty=1&N=401&Ntk=gensearch

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-05-04 01:13
    · I guess you are looking for the "solderless breadboard" patterned PC board.· Ocean State Electronics has them.· Here's a link to the page with it and others (look for item # 12-617) -- http://www.oselectronics.com/ose_p48.htm
    · They are a good outfit, they may ship overseas; if not, have your friends buy & ship for you (as seems your usual.)
    ·
  • manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
    edited 2006-05-04 20:40
    Thanks for the different suggestions. I will look at what alternatives are available, while still pursuing the RS products. Here is a picture of RS 276-174 breadboard:

pRS1C-2160476w345.jpg6" Modular IC Breadboard

I can obtain other solderless breadboards but I was hoping to find this one as it fits the predrilled base perfectly.

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
  • SuperwormsSuperworms Posts: 118
    edited 2006-05-05 21:54
    try jameco, digi-key, and mouser.
    I think they ship to the uk
    ·