Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
sure link module glitches — Parallax Forums

sure link module glitches

Donald WheelerDonald Wheeler Posts: 10
edited 2006-05-04 14:56 in BASIC Stamp
I am controlling a robot using a surelink module. Past 20 ft, it unlinks briefly. I am using it with a BS2px. Is this common, or is there something wrong? Is there any way I could boost the range?

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2006-04-30 12:08
    I've used them reliably out to 500 feet or so. The orientation of the antenna on the radio circuit board shouldn't be an issue at 20'.

Are you doing two-way communication or just sending the robot some commands? Are radios really losing the link or is your program just busy processing a command?

Can you give us a bit of code to look at?

Regards
  • Donald WheelerDonald Wheeler Posts: 10
    edited 2006-05-04 00:45
    When we use only the surelink demo·modules and monitor the 'Linked' LED, it will begin to flash at 20 feet and increase in frequency as distance increases. Is this normal? The loss of data (when we do use code through the basic stamp) that results is almost completely unnacceptable.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-04 05:03
    Donald,

·· Could there be any environmental issues or interference from other equipment running in the 900 MHz band?· I haven't heard of the modules doing anything like this before myself.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Donald WheelerDonald Wheeler Posts: 10
    edited 2006-05-04 14:56
    I don't know of any other equipment running. We are using the link with demo board by itself on the latest test. Would cell phones interfere? Also could we have possibly damaged the links?