Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Continuous Reset Problem — Parallax Forums

Continuous Reset Problem

NunyaNunya Posts: 4
edited 2006-04-28 04:15 in BASIC Stamp
I have been succesfully downloading programs onto my BS 2p for about 3 or 4 hours now, but now all of a sudden it won't download onto it anymore. I get the error "No Basic Stamps found". I have checked the pins, and I think the problem is that my Reset pin. It is low at the moment, and isn't it supposed to be high until you reset it? I believe it's caught in continuous reset mode....but I don't know how to get it out of it at all. I connected 5V to the Reset pin, thinking that might do something, but it didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

sad.gif

Comments

• LarryLarry Posts: 212
    edited 2006-04-28 03:01
    Try a new battery first.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • NunyaNunya Posts: 4
    edited 2006-04-28 03:02
    We have tried a new battery....several actually. And even better, we have hooked it up to a 9V source. Alas....*sigh*
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-28 04:07
    You should not connect the RESET pin HIGH since there are two components in the BASIC Stamp that can assert the line low causing a conflict.· In any event, are you getting 5V from your Vdd pin?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-28 04:09
    Yes I am getting 5 V from my Vdd pin. Could there be something wrong with my ATN Pin? Since the two are tied together through a transistor on the schematic of the chip?
    edited 2006-04-28 04:11
    What is the voltage at the ATN line?· Have you tried unplugging it from the computer and measuring the voltage there and at RES?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-28 04:13
    Yeah, the ATN shows 0, until I try to connect through my computer, then it spikes up a little bit to - 47 mV, then back to zerp. When not connected to my computer, the Res Pin is still at 251 mV.
    edited 2006-04-28 04:15
    Well it certainly sounds as if something was damaged based on your reported observations and measurements.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com