Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Man! I hate you guys! :) — Parallax Forums

Man! I hate you guys! :)

The Dead BugThe Dead Bug Posts: 73
edited 2006-04-27 16:23 in Propeller 1
Jeeze! I look down for a few minutes and look what happens! Actually I looked down when school started back in August and I haven't looked up since. So I have been absent from this forum, but mostly because of teaching [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Now you guys come out with the next killer thing...this is big! And I've been telling my students that the Basic STAMP was the start of the hobbiest·microcontroller revolution but Parallax has been sitting on its success...I have to eat crow!· But I'll eat a double helping...no matter how rancid it is!

I'm embarrased that it took a student to make me aware of what you have done...Good for him!

Now I gotta get to work for next year! I have to replace all my dinosaur STAMPS with Propellors and I gotta learn how to teach them to students who won't put up with the old stuff!

HELP!

Congrats, guys!

-Bruce

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Name: Bruce Clemens

Work:· Clemensb@otc.edu
Good Stuff on my Blog: http://theDeadBug.journalspace.com

Comments

• CHIPKENCHIPKEN Posts: 45
    edited 2006-04-26 01:31
    I am sure you will see connections (both electrical and software)·between the BASIC Stamp and the Propeller in the future. We will probably see something like a master and slave arrangement. Something like the PWMPAL setup would be nice to have.
    Chuck
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-04-26 03:36
    I find it amusing that such an arrangement requires the more powerful processor to play the role of slave, they always say the power lies with the submissive (sorry bad joke from my days of going to goth-industrial niteclubs).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    1+1=10
  • CHIPKENCHIPKEN Posts: 45
    edited 2006-04-26 05:34
    You bring up a good point. To be the master someday you generally are a slave for a while. It is very difficult to·be a·master before the old master accept the position of a slave. Of course there could be an uprising started by the new master. We will probably see·a master Propeller talking to slave BASIC Stamps, the old work horses.

Chuck
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-04-27 16:23
    My mother always cleaned the house when the housekeeper was coming that day. I suppose it is that kinda thing. Relationships really have no superiority: each defines the other.

I did note that the PS/2 keyboard is a Master and the PC is a slave. Now it all makes sense. It is merely about who talks and who listens -- not much more. [noparse][[/noparse]The PC is a powerful listener and faster pocessor [noparse][[/noparse]thinker?] in this sense.]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan