Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 I/O pin sketch pads.... — Parallax Forums

BS2 I/O pin sketch pads....

ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
edited 2006-04-26 16:34 in BASIC Stamp
I made up a few PDFs that are "sketch-pads" for mapping out pin assignments on my BS2 projects, sketching out ideas, and generally daydreaming about future projects...

Not sure if anybody will find these helpful, but feel free to use them and pass them along if you like 'em...

These don't contain all the pins on the Stamp, just the general I/O pins, btw.

( files corrected )

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

Post Edited (Zoot) : 4/25/2006 6:25:45 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-25 18:08
    Zoot,

·· If this diagram is supposed to be Chip-centric, then there are errors.· The I/O pins wrap around the bottom of the chip and up the right side, but yours go from P7 to P15.· Was this intentional?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2006-04-25 18:16
    You're right. I didn't think about it -- I just use 'em for keeping my pins straight while I'm coding. Hang on I'll fix 'em -- don't want to confuse anybody.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2006-04-25 18:26
    Files corrected and re-posted at links above. Let me know if they're OK.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2006-04-25 23:58
    They look okay now, but,·in the interest of forum members who might use these I guess the obvious question is are they made to print out and cut out the size of the chip, or is this something you hang near your bench or something?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-26 01:02
    The latter. I use them when I'm wiring up my breadboards; when I'm coding on the laptop away from my workshop; when I'm sketching out projects; etc.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2006-04-26 01:05
    Okay, but just a note, they may be more useful if you posted the editable version.· As they are you'd have to print them out then write on them with a pen or something.· I prefer to print out filled in documents.· In fact, I use an excel spreadsheet for my own pin out diagrams, although it isn't really designed to look like the chip.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-26 16:34
    The docs probably say more about my creative habits -- I like to work outside with a pencil when the weather is nice smile.gif. Some of the kids I do Boe-bots with also like 'em because they are big and easy to read; they can take them home and get jelly on them.

I have a spreadsheet for pinouts and hex/dec/bin calculations and the like, probably similar to what you're describing. No Excel here, though.

In any case, if anybody wants to edit these, you can either open the zipped Illustrator file below (watch for fonts swaps -- Mac file), or if you have Adobe Acrobat, you can pretty much do light text and line editing on almost any PDF.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔