Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tank tread question. — Parallax Forums

Tank tread question.

SciTech02SciTech02 Posts: 154
edited 2006-04-25 19:06 in Robotics
Hello, I'm looking for some large tank treads (at least 2 feet long) for a good price.· Can you help?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
There is always an answer.

There is always a way.
There is always a reason.··· -SciTech02.

Comments

• Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2006-04-24 21:48
    SciTech02 said...
    Hello, I'm looking for some large tank treads (at least 2 feet long) for a good price. Can you help?

Like these www.e-clec-tech.com/latrset4.html
  • nelson1000nelson1000 Posts: 25
    edited 2006-04-25 01:53
    When ever I need tank treads I just build them from scratch. It is really not that hard. Here is the link that I used to learn how to build them www.rctankcombat.com/articles/track-systems/. Personally, I think that a friction drive tread built out of a treadmill belt is the easiest. Also, all of the treads mentioned on this site are used on remote control tanks that weigh ~150lbs so they are very robust.

Nelson
  • WhelzornWhelzorn Posts: 256
    edited 2006-04-25 04:46
    That website you posted had an excellent idea on using attachment chain. I have gone looking for attachement chain, but cannot seem to fink any pricing on it. I assume it is mot much more than normal roller chain, but i would like to be sure. if anyone knows a place that sells this chain and actually tells you the price, I would love to know.
  • Russ MillerRuss Miller Posts: 25
    edited 2006-04-25 11:47
    http://www.mcmaster.com/ has "Roller Chain Attachment" links in sevaral styles (with prices). I don't see lengths of attachement chain premade though.

They also have the "Sprocket-Driven Conveyor Belts" which some of the rc tanks use. It's fairly expensive and only sold in 10ft lengths, but comes in a variety of widths.
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-04-25 18:10
    there was another thread abou this some time ago...

have·you looked at using a motorcycle drive belt turned inside out?
  • SciTech02SciTech02 Posts: 154
    edited 2006-04-25 19:06
    Thank you for all your posts.· I like the idea of·building my own (There the right size to).· Also, I don't need powerful ones, just ones so it can just get around.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    There is always an answer.

There is always a way.
    There is always a reason.··· -SciTech02.

Post Edited (SciTech02) : 4/25/2006 7:09:03 PM GMT