Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The same old question...wireless programming — Parallax Forums

The same old question...wireless programming

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2006-04-23 12:07 in BASIC Stamp
of the basic stamp.· Any recent developments on this?· Something from Parallax, not the Ewave or other vendors.· Is it still in the works by Parallax?

Deno

Comments

• davidsdavids Posts: 64
    edited 2006-04-22 12:41
    Hi,

Hows it hanging?

I seem to remember that Parallax has a module that can transfer code from PC to stamp! (The name I CAN"T think of it) Its not wireless, but you can most defiently take it to the stamp, (inCode form) ot its close. wireless,have you programed code before to use any kind of wireless modules before? Do you understand completely how the wireless systems works? Have you looked at Different processors that can handle this kind of informantion?
  • A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
    edited 2006-04-22 12:44
    you can probably easily make one youself
    get two ir buddies.
    and have one bs2 attached to the computer, and it transfers the code sent to it to the other BS2.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Socrates said...
    Wisdom begins in Wonder
    Alexander The Great said...
    To the strongest
    Somebody said...
    -Never Underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    -Funny, the third guy never did get down in history

·
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-04-22 12:55
    davids said...
    I seem to remember that Parallax has a module that can transfer code from PC to stamp! (The name I CAN"T think of it)
    There is a device that can hold a program and be brought out to the field to re-program STAMPS in situ.· It is called the "STACHE".· You can go to the Parallax store by placing your cursor over the big Parallax logo at the very top of the page on the left.

hmmm, to "get down in history" -- there's a picture
  • Eric REric R Posts: 225
    edited 2006-04-23 04:49
    Isn't this one of the toothpics features?

http://http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30076

30076.gif

"It can also wirelessly in-circuit program the BASIC Stamp from any Bluetooth PC."
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2006-04-23 12:07
    Yes, I know about the Toothpic and the Blue Tooth.· I was just wondering if the R and D team at Parallax has come up with there own module for wirelessly programming the Stamp using RF.

Many of my Stamps are on the other side of a wall, so IR programming will not work.· Plus, I would like to use the DEBUG commands as well.

I had heard thru the electronic "grape vine" that they were working on there own modules for this.

Thanks...Deno