Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MEMSIC 2125 accelerometer spin code anyone? — Parallax Forums

MEMSIC 2125 accelerometer spin code anyone?

simonlsimonl Posts: 866
edited 2006-04-19 13:12 in Propeller 1
Hi,

I've not got a Propeller yet, but reading this forum means it probably won't be long tongue.gif

I'd like to hook-up a MEMSIC 2125 accelerometer (or three!) and take both angle (of a moving platform) and acceleration. This seems like a perfect job for a Propeller, so does anyone have some example / tutorial spin code for me to drool over?

Regards,
Simon

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-18 21:46
    I whipped up a very quick demo -- once we have a full-fledged FP library I will convert this to a stand-alone object with more features.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2006-04-19 11:34
    John you're a star [noparse]:)[/noparse]

...and with several cogs I no longer have to wait for the PULSIN to finish before I can get on with other thing, YAY [noparse]:)[/noparse] [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I'll keep watching this post for the full FP & stand-alone object - I love Propellers!

Cheers,
    Simon
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-19 13:12
    There's no 'h' in star either. tongue.gif

My June N&V article shows how to create an object that runs in another cog and simply updates a target variable of your choice.· The Memsic code could be adapted to this, allowing you to install an object that keeps your x and y g-force variables updated without any further interaction from your foreground program.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax