Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PBASIC48W/PE serin timeouts — Parallax Forums

PBASIC48W/PE serin timeouts

daviddrakedaviddrake Posts: 20
edited 2006-04-20 00:25 in BASIC Stamp
We are using the PBASIC48W/PE OEM version of the pe with great success. However, we have recently seen a problem that we are still trying to narrow down. In particluar we would like to eliminate the PBASIC48W/PE as an issue. We wondered if anyone has seen a new behaviour of timeouts while using the serin command. The data rate is 2400, 8 bits no parity. We understand there was a firmware upgrade in recent parts (with a silver dot). We did find an incompatibility with the 2.2 editor, which was resolved with an update to 2.2.5. Is there also a possibility of sensitivity to the resonator frequency? It is very possible that other parts are the issue, we just wondered...

Thanks,

David Drake

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2006-04-18 07:08
    What difference in timeout behaviour have you observed? I don't recall any or know of any firmware changes in that area.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • daviddrakedaviddrake Posts: 20
    edited 2006-04-18 15:32
    What we observed was a failed handshake between the pe and another serial device. Where this has worked well previously, we see a timeout after seeking an input char. The timeout parameter is 10000 = 10 seconds. We are still not sure of the origin of the problem so as I say, we are not sure if it is the pe. If there have been no changes to serin, or to timing I suspect the pe is innocent.

DD
  • daviddrakedaviddrake Posts: 20
    edited 2006-04-20 00:25
    The pe was innocent. All is well.
    DD