Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Dart Scoring Display — Parallax Forums

Dart Scoring Display

bsparkybsparky Posts: 52
edited 2006-05-09 18:26 in Robotics
I have been working on this project all winter. If any one plays Darts they will appreciate this. Some of the basic games in darts are 601,501,401,301 you type in the game you wish to play them press the game key and this number gets transferd to the home and visitor displays. Then as each player takes there turn the score is typed in and you press the home or visitor key and it gets subtracted from there score, if you mistype you can clear it before entering it or take it back one time from the home or visitors display one turn only. If you wish to play Cricket it clears the displays and adds the keyboard display to the players displays. The displays are controled using two Max 7219 and the keyboard is read with a EDE1144 ic, main control is a BS2. A 15 volt DC wall wart goes thru a 5v reg. and filter board to power the project. This is the first project that I made double sided boards using a laser printer, works great. Plan on doing some refinements like placing the reg and filter board on the main board and using an OEM SS BS2.

Comments

• nick bernardnick bernard Posts: 329
    edited 2006-05-08 19:26
    nice, how big are those 7-seg displays?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    engineer, fireman, bowler, father, WoW addict [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • bsparkybsparky Posts: 52
    edited 2006-05-09 18:26
    They are 1". I am also trying to find 1" alfanumeric displays for the Cricket display but can't seem to find single displays they are all doubles not good for the way I want to display them. Also I am getting a panel laser cut for this.