Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bs2p dip? — Parallax Forums

Bs2p dip?

KC8DKTKC8DKT Posts: 76
edited 2006-04-17 14:24 in BASIC Stamp
Is there anywhere I can pickup a·BS2P/Px/Pe interpreter in DIP or SOIC format?·· The SS format is just too small to work with by hand.

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-04-17 09:19
    KC8DKT -

ABSOLUTLELY no problem from what I understand! Based on information supplied by Ken Gracey, in an email discussion we had recently, the PBASIC Interpreter chip has been produced in the following formats, some of which may not be listed on their web site:

DIP 300/600, SOIC, SSOP

Just specify the format you want, when you place the order, even if it doesn't appear as a separate item on the web site. Even using an "automated" order, I believe there is a place for your COMMENTS. A follow-up to the sales department, after order placement couldn't hurt one bit, since it's a toll free number.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->

Post Edited (Bruce Bates) : 4/17/2006 9:23:51 AM GMT
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-17 13:44
    Give the sales department a call (888-512-1024) just to make sure we can produce what you need.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-17 14:24
    KC8DKT said...
    Is there anywhere I can pickup a·BS2P/Px/Pe interpreter in DIP or SOIC format?·· The SS format is just too small to work with by hand.
    Hello,

·· For the BASIC Stamp Models you listed that would not be possible.· These models use the SX48 as their interpreter which is actually a TQFP part, not SS.· There would be no way to get them onto the SX18, SX20 or SX28 chips.· You could build/buy an adapter that converts a TQFP part to DIP format though.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com