Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How do I Verfify LCD Terminal AppModule is Okay — Parallax Forums

How do I Verfify LCD Terminal AppModule is Okay

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2006-04-17 04:53 in BASIC Stamp
Well, I have almost completed the physical construction on my HP Printer contest entry, but I may have damaged my LCD Terminal AppModule.

As usual I had Vss and Vdd mixed up and things got awful hot.· Since I was holding on to the board I noticed right way. The BS2p40 just about burnt my thumb.

I am using the BS2P24/40 demo board and have gotten it all correctly wired now.

To verify system integrity, I wanted to get the LCD going.
I have the other LCD port working fine and will leave it on overnight to see if anything is wrong.

But, the little LCD doesn't seem to want to respond.· I know I am suppose to shift to Pin 8 [noparse][[/noparse]or 9] to get output.· That doesn't seem to help.· It may be that I just have missed something in code OR it may be real damage.

I would prefer to use that board because it has ample menu and I need the 4 input buttons.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-16 18:04
    Kramer,

·· Refer to the·example code in the documentation for this unit.· Remove whatever might interfere and try just the AppMod.· See if it works then.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-04-17 04:53
    Thanks Chris.·

I wrote this pretty much in a late night·panic.· But by starting over and locating the LCD docs, I find that the LCD is a-okay.· I removed all the wiring, determined PIN 1 [noparse][[/noparse]not PIN 8] was the enable, and tested it over night.· smile.gif I had forgotten to consider that PINS 0-7 are being used by the LCD and should not be shared with other devices.

Is anyone else actively working on the H/P Printer contest?· The printer controller board with the SX-28 can easily be adapted to other uses and has a USB interface.· It makes the whole package a very good value.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan