Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Transmit Real Time Data — Parallax Forums

Transmit Real Time Data

kenwtnkenwtn Posts: 250
edited 2006-04-15 07:22 in BASIC Stamp
··· I would like to connect a Basic Stamp to a RC Truck and control the truck from my laptop inside my house. That was part one. Part two is I would also like to have information transmitted back to my laptop showing things like heading, speed, distance, and maybe video from camera. I know this is a big project but thought others may have done some or all of this. If anyone could point me to links or reply with info on any parts of this I sure would appreciate it.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-14 15:12
    Hello,

·· If the Stamp Module is monitoring the signals and transmitting them via RF you should be okay.· If, however, the Stamp is in control from signals it received first, then it might be difficult since when you send your serial data it may interefere with the timing of the servos.· It really depends on how the vehicle works.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • autotechautotech Posts: 4
    edited 2006-04-15 07:22
    What type of RC truck do you have? Some RC trucks have·left / right turn are off and on control.
    when turning ·left or right they turn all the way.Others use a real servo and can turn a range from
    center to full left or right. If you have an all on/off type RC you could just use·some relays and control the
    truck via the remote that came with it.wal-mart is selling a standalone RF cam you can connect to a tv. I found the cam by the photo lab about $80.00. very small cam.I think it runs on 9.0volts. Note need to find out amps and voltage level at the switchs in the remote and the 5volt relay coil side amps must not over load your stamp.
    found Compact 5VDC/1A SPST Reed Relay Catalog #: 275-232 at Radio shack may work; don't know
    the coil amp draw.