Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo question — Parallax Forums

Servo question

TaishoTaisho Posts: 34
edited 2006-04-12 15:04 in BASIC Stamp
Hello to the forum.· I am new to Basic Stamps, robotics and electronics (other than computers).

My question is if you have 4 servos connected to the Board of Education is there a noticeable delay when sending PULSOUTs to start all 4 servos?· I am making a 4-wheeled vehicle that will·have a separate servo driving each wheel.·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-12 14:08
    That really depends on what else your program is doing.· You need to refresh the servos every 20 ms or so.· If that can be met by your program you should be fine.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • TaishoTaisho Posts: 34
    edited 2006-04-12 14:47
    Can I ask one more question.· Could you point me to info on linking two BS2 microcontrollers?· I have a BS2 that came with the BOE-BOT and a BS2PX both on Board of Education boards.· I know I had found a discussion on this topic but I have not been able to find it again.· What would be the best search terms to find it?· I don't know a lot of the robotics terminology yet.

·To be more specific I want to have both boards on a single robot with the secondary BS2 handling ome of the more simple tasks while the BS2PX is the primary brain.

Thanks for your help.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-12 14:56
    Sure, look in the BASIC Stamp Manual or the Editor Help File under SERIN/SEROUT.· There is an example of connecting two BASIC Stamps together there.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • TaishoTaisho Posts: 34
    edited 2006-04-12 15:04
    Thank you. I am having a blast with designing this. My MASSIVE thanks to Parallax for the Basic Stamp controllers to give everyday people like me a chance to learn robotics.