Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HELP!!! BS2sx and Serial LCD — Parallax Forums

HELP!!! BS2sx and Serial LCD

chazbrazilchazbrazil Posts: 27
edited 2006-04-11 20:45 in BASIC Stamp
I've tried downloading the code off of the Parallax website and I've tried writing my own code, and I cannot come up with a way to write correctly to this LCD·from the BS2sx (part no. 27979). HELP!

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-11 19:34
    You're not really saying what your problem is, but try this code and see what happens.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • chazbrazilchazbrazil Posts: 27
    edited 2006-04-11 19:41
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    You're not really saying what your problem is, but try this code and see what happens.

·This is the output I get when I apply your code:

I'm assuming I should see a border of stars...
    edited 2006-04-11 19:47
    Also, I've used several of the LCD Screens (I had a cpl lying around)... I've also checked and quadruple-checked the switches on the back.
    edited 2006-04-11 19:47
    That is correct, so the display is working...What problems are you having then?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-11 19:48
    chazbrazil said...
    Also, I've used several of the LCD Screens (I had a cpl lying around)... I've also checked and quadruple-checked the switches on the back.
    You're getting confusing...Several Parallax 4X20 Serial LCD Displays?· Or just a bunch of mix-matched stuff?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-11 19:49
    That is correct, so the display is working...What problems are you having then?

then the characters that I enter are coming in irregularly. letters like "A" and "X" and numbers "0" and "8" are not working... That and the command to clear the screen [noparse][[/noparse]12] will not work either
    edited 2006-04-11 19:59
    chazbrazil said...

You're getting confusing...Several Parallax 4X20 Serial LCD Displays?· Or just a bunch of mix-matched stuff?
    No no... I'm only using one display at a time. What I meant is that I don't believe the unit is defective unless they all are defective. Both the serial LCD and the BS2sx are bought from Parallax.com.
    edited 2006-04-11 20:01
    My best guess is that you are using the wrong baud rate parameter for a BS2sx...The code I posted automatically substitutes the correct values in based on which BASIC Stamp you are using.· Perhaps you should post your code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-11 20:03
    My best guess is that you are using the wrong baud rate parameter for a BS2sx...The code I posted automatically substitutes the correct values in based on which BASIC Stamp you are using.· Perhaps you should post your code.

I am using your code.
    edited 2006-04-11 20:11
    And when you used that code everything worked...You posted the results yourself.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-04-11 20:21
    And when you used that code everything worked...You posted the results yourself.

No. I said this:
    Came up. Which is very different from a border of stars. How do the power supplies affect the LCD screen (in the paperwork, it mentions that an external power supply is recommended).
    edited 2006-04-11 20:45
    It looked like an ASCII art border with lost formatting...So you're saying the stars are all over the place?· What are you powering it from?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com