Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE Bot Chassis blueprint — Parallax Forums

BOE Bot Chassis blueprint

c41rnc41rn Posts: 4
edited 2006-04-08 18:40 in Robotics
I was just wondering if anyone has created a blueprint for the chassis of the BOE Bot? It is a great platform to build onto and it would be easier to design accessories for it if there were some sort of file (CAD, SVG, even just line drawing as a gif or jpeg) with a simple top/side/front view of the chassis so that I and others could play around with designs in the computer before building something. If something like this doesn't exist already then would there be any problem if I created one and made it available on this forum?

On this note, I'd like to say that I am very greatful for Parallax's practice of making manuals, designs, programs, and codes freely available. I think this attitude contributes to the sense of community shared by BASIC Stamp users and makes it much easier to introduce people to robotics and microcontrollers (I just got my friend, who lives 300 miles away, to buy a BOE Bot by having him read through some parts of the "Robotics..." manual on-line).

Thanks.

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-04-08 15:38
    A blueprint used to be provided in the old Robotics! Stamps in Class Curriculm... I copied and posted it to a thread that already asked for the same thing...
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=575271

Post Edited (Steve Joblin) : 4/8/2006 3:53:48 PM GMT
  • c41rnc41rn Posts: 4
    edited 2006-04-08 18:40
    Thanks Steve Joblin! That's exactly what I was looking for. I did a search on the forums and the parallax web site but didn't come up with anything; must've been using the wrong keywords. Sorry for duplicating the thread.