Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Shipping date — Parallax Forums

Shipping date

El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
edited 2006-04-04 04:19 in Propeller 1
freaked.gif·I ordered my development board last night from Mouser.
A bit expensive.
I wonder if I could wait a bit longer and order it from Parallax.

Comments

• Rob7Rob7 Posts: 275
    edited 2006-04-03 21:32
    Did you see the post, Home brew demo board.
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-04-04 01:15
    nono.gif

I saw the post and?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-04 01:41
    I think the point is that an industrious individual can roll-their-own.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-04-04 02:26
    nono.gif

My point is:

Parallax $149.95, Mouser $195.95

My hope is to receive the board sooner
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-04 02:52
    Mouser is free to set any pricing they want -- and they can't ship boards until we provide them; we haven't done that yet.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-04-04 04:02
    With careful comparison and choice of shipping , Mouser may be cheaper for overseas as they have more and less expensive shipping choices. The time difference could be nothing more than a couple of days if Mouser desires to gain and keep customers.

Generally Parallax uses only UPS which Mouser shows as the most costly overseas choice.
    Mouser offers a big savings via Postal, about 66% lower!

As far as waiting, just order a 40-pin DIP direct if you cannot wait. Everything else will ship apparently later.

The IDE is already in use by the documentation writers and the object programmers, so it is functioning - but evolving. By the time you get your chip, you can have an operational board already constructed.

And there is plenty of reading here. Take a look at the May 2006 Nut & Volts that has been early-released.

Product development and technical writing are tedious, high-pressure work.
    While I get a bit over-enthusiastic, we really have to let these guys do the best job that they can.
    The more they feel that we appreciate their efforts, the better it gets.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-04-04 04:07
    Kramer got enthusiastic and ordered a couple of Propeller chips from Parallax today.

Apparently he couldn't wait! Thanks for the order!

Ken
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-04-04 04:15
    Actually I ordered 5.

The chips and their invoice may someday be a collector's item. After all you are making history.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-04-04 04:19
    One of my other customers (David W.) has purchased every Parallax product and kept it in original packaging. He says he operates a Parallax museum, but he's the only guest permitted to view the collection. When I told him we didn't do a very good job archiving our own products each year he started to buy more stuff for his museum. He even has one of the early Toddlers with the individually machined legs, like the one I believe you also own.

- Ken