Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Newbe question: I would like to make a computer controlled curve trace, can the — Parallax Forums

Newbe question: I would like to make a computer controlled curve trace, can the

uriahskyuriahsky Posts: 1
edited 2006-04-03 06:45 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I would like to build a curve tracer that is controlled and displayed on the computer.· I would like upto 100 channels.· The cirucit for one is not to difficult.· My question is will the Basic Stamp be able to do this?· If not what would I use to build and program this in.· I am just a hobbiest.· The curve traecer needs to have the following: adjustable voltage up 0-15 volts ac, Sine wave· 1-15khz. source impedance 1-10meg.· I would like to choose those things through the computer and then be able to view the V-I signature on the computer.· I would·like to be able to save and compare up to 100 different signatures from different IC's and nodes. ·Please forgive me if I am way off on this thing.· I don't near as much as I think I do.·· Can the basic stamp do something like this?· If not, what hardware/software should I use to develop something like this.· This would be similar to the Huntron or ABIElectronics.co.uk sells.· I just can't afford to buy these things so I would like to try and build one myself.· Hopefully I will be able to add more features as time goes by.· Thanks for any and all help.

Thanks
Uriah

·