Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help with code and equipment for reaction time game — Parallax Forums

Need help with code and equipment for reaction time game

bnelsonbnelson Posts: 2
edited 2006-03-31 20:09 in BASIC Stamp
I am making a reaction game. It will be a microcontroller with 1 or 2 displays and 2 sensors. The microcontroller will tell the middle light to light up. When that light goes on, the two people will hit their target with either their foot or hand. The first one to hit the target wins and causes their light to light up. Their time can be displayed on two displays or just one display with both their times on it.

I bought a Parallax kit last night and built the reaction time project. The project I built has you hold a button down and when the led lights up you release the button and your time is displayed in milliseconds on my monitor. I worked great. I would just like to reverse this and have the LED light up and then the person for hit the button to stop the time instead of releasing it.

I would really appreciate it·if someone·could help me out with the·code for this and gave me some advice on the what equipment I would have to buy. I am very inexperienced with this and last night was my first time ever making one of these projects. It was really fun and I learned a lot. Also if anyone knows where I could learn more about this that would great to. Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

ps. I have attached a picture of what I will be building. It may help in your advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-03-31 17:15
    Inexperienced = You should read "What's A Microcontroller?" before attempting your project. There are many talented people here who can/will help you, but if you have no foundations in programming and working with the BASIC Stamp then it will all be Greek and you'll struggle with the help provided.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-03-31 17:24
    Here's some help you can struggle with while you're reading "What's a Microcontroller?"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
  • bnelsonbnelson Posts: 2
    edited 2006-03-31 18:50
    Thank you SSteve. Any advice on what kind of components to buy? Certain boards, microcontrollers? I appreciate it!
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-03-31 20:09
    Sorry, I can't help you there. I'm new to this as well. It's just that I come from a programming background so that side of things is coming faster for me.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows