Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Total newbee (Questions) LabView. — Parallax Forums

Total newbee (Questions) LabView.

ernestovrernestovr Posts: 2
edited 2006-03-31 18:53 in Robotics
Hi I'm planing on starting some robotic research along with my 2 kids. I was wondering if anyone could suggest an inexpesive stamp board that could take labview code. Any other suggestion are more then welcome and appreciated.

Thank you

Ernesto.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-03-30 21:09
    If you go to this link:· http://search.parallax.com/·and type in "Labview and the BASIC Stamp" it have information about regarding your question.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • ernestovrernestovr Posts: 2
    edited 2006-03-31 14:40
    Thank you.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-03-31 17:06
    Ernesto,

Daved pointed you to a serial interface example for the BASIC Stamp using LabView. This tool allows you to display data from a pushbutton and potentiometer connected to a Board of Education. By no means does it allow programming of a BASIC Stamp. There is nothing gained by using LabView to teach a child how to program a BASIC Stamp, at least right now, since the tools do not exist.

If robotics is the interest and the children are aged 12+, get the Boe-Bot. If they are younger, try the Scribbler. The Scribbler has a nice drag-and-drop GUI interface for programming, yet can also be loaded with traditional PBASIC code (or you can see the code the GUI generated).

So, if possible, abandon the LabView concept for now since we have no programming support and try the real thing.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-03-31 18:53
    There is also the GUI Bot v1.3.1 program availible on thier download page. The description is slightly confusing because it says "This serves as a bridge to begin programming in PBASIC as opposed to "drop and click programming"." So Im not sure about what level it comes in at, but its a free download so you can check it out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    6+6=10 (Long live the duodecimal system!)