Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Smart Sensors And Applications Book — Parallax Forums

Smart Sensors And Applications Book

Oper8r AlOper8r Al Posts: 98
edited 2006-12-22 18:51 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I was just wondering if there was a estimated time of availabilty or more info on the SIC Smart Sensors and Applications book previewed in the 2006 catalog.

Thanks,
·
Alan

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-03-30 20:57
    We should have more information in a few months regarding on when the Smart Sensor text will be released.·

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • Oper8r AlOper8r Al Posts: 98
    edited 2006-11-02 07:02
    I know that you have all been busy with the propeller release and manuals for it, but I was just curious if there was any update on the Smart Sensors Text?

Thanks,

Alan
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-11-02 15:37
    You are correct, we are very busy with the Propeller at this time.· However, we should have it available·by January hopefully.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2006-12-22 18:51
    Hello Everyone,

The Smart Sensors and Applications parts and text kit is now in stock; you may download and preview the book from the product page:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28029

Andy's latest·Stamps in Class text·covers the Ping))) ultrasonic rangefinder, the Memsic dual-axis accelrometer and·the Compass Module, each in conjunction with·the Parallax·2x16 Serial·LCD display.···Some advanced LCD display techniques include vertical, horizontal, and two-axis bar graphs,·scrolling text, sliding window,·and custom character animations of an hourglass and of a pixel-worm.·

You will also find several advanced accelerometer applications, including a·datalogging study of the author analyzing the g-forces involved with performing an ollie on his skateboard·smile.gif·.

Those of you who have made use of the Stamps in Class Mini Projects sticky-thread will recognize that these posts were early drafts of some of the experiments that are now in the book; but at least 60% is new material.· We had fully intended to include the posted Boe-Bot applications in this book, but we were already at 340 pages before we got that far!· ··

We hope you enjoy the book; as always if you have any feedback or if you find any typos just email me at editor@parallax.com.

Stephanie Lindsay