Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo motor? — Parallax Forums

Servo motor?

SAMYTRIXSAMYTRIX Posts: 11
edited 2006-03-27 02:58 in BASIC Stamp
Where can I buy the servo motor thing. I ordered my BS1 from parallax but now I just wanted to get the servo motor. Do they sell that separately? or does it have to come with a kit and stuff... the servo motor controller, is that separate from servo motor itself? Sorry to be asking dumb questions...

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-03-26 20:22
    Not dumb questions. A "servo motor", also called a "modified Servo", is nice for BS2 (or BS1) interfacing, because it includes all the drive electronics in a nice small space. All you have to do is give it a control signal of a 1 mSec to 2 mSec pulse repeated every 20 to 50 mSec (to tell the servo how fast to spin and in what direction, 1.5 mSec is 'stop') and supply voltage and ground. The on-servo electronics do the rest.

Now, you CAN use a separate servo controller board, so you simply tell the servo controller board the values for all your servos. After that, your BS doesn't have to 'refresh'. But, for two to four servos, the BS modules are fast enough to do the refreshes themselves.
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-03-26 21:42
    Here is the link so you can buy it... please note that there are many places to buy standard servos and several places to buy modified servos that continuously rotate... there are no other places that offer modified servos ath a better price or with better service than at at this link... http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=900-00008
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-27 02:58
    Is is the Standard or Modofied (Continuous Rotation) servo you were looking for?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com