Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connection between Basic Stamp 2 & H-BRIDGE L293 — Parallax Forums

Connection between Basic Stamp 2 & H-BRIDGE L293

HillsHills Posts: 13
edited 2006-03-27 15:46 in BASIC Stamp
Hi

I just want to know if it is safe for my basic stamp 2 to be connected with a H-BRIDGE L293 CIRCUITRY in this way :

There is two powers : 12 VDC ( for motors ) and 9 VDC ( for basic stamp 2 )

If I connect together the " VSS "·(·basic stamp 2 groud )·pin with the "GND " ( MOTOR GROUND ) pin and if I separate the " VDD " pin and the " VCC " pin by connecting them in the right pin on H-BRIDGE L293.

I think that the way I explain it is kind of difficult to understand but the only thing I want to precise is that Is it okay if I put together the 2 ground of the 2 powers·(·12 vdc and 9 vdc ) even if the the " vdd " and " vcc " are correctly separate. I just want to make sure because I don't a lot of money and a lot of time and I don't my basic stamp 2 to burn.

Please help me

If you still don't understand my question, let me know and I'll change it.

Thank you

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-27 02:31
    Hello,

·· Perhaps posting a schematic of what you want to do would get better results.· I didn't quite understand your connections myself.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2006-03-27 15:46
    If I understand correctly, you want to supply the Stamp side of your circuit with 9V and the motor control side with 12V. IF this is correct and IF your circuit is wired properly, then you will need to make sure that the Vss (ground) side of each circuit are tied together, preferably at only one point. Please note the "IF"s. I recommend you post your schematic before possibly letting any smoke free...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...