Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
robot camera/control module — Parallax Forums

robot camera/control module

HavoKaneHavoKane Posts: 109
edited 2006-03-23 22:12 in Robotics
what was the kit called. it was around $200. you mountthe camera to the boebot and·the other part to the computer. it transmits a 320x120 image (i think) back to the computer, and it has 2 i/o line so that you can do some low level wirless control. anybody know what im talking about?·

Comments

• XNORXNOR Posts: 74
    edited 2006-03-23 17:53
    As far as I know, Parallax sells the CMU camera, which does color recognition:

www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30051

I recently came across something that sounds very interesting, and might be what you are looking for:

www.surveyor.com/SRV_info.html
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-03-23 18:11
    HavoKane, the RoboEye has been discontinued and is no longer availible.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-03-23 18:25
    I came across the Surveyor site as well, but could never seem to look at any of the demos... maybe just a firewall issue? It does seem like a great solution that addresses many of the aspects that prevent newbies from taking on web-based robotic control.
  • XNORXNOR Posts: 74
    edited 2006-03-23 21:04
    Steve Joblin said...
    I came across the Surveyor site as well, but could never seem to look at any of the demos... maybe just a firewall issue? It does seem like a great solution that addresses many of the aspects that prevent newbies from taking on web-based robotic control.

Here are two videos. Unfortunately, they don't seem to demonstrate too much:

www.robots-dreams.com/2006/03/arise_go_forth_.html#more
    (go to the end of the article)

www.surveyor.com/images/srv1-tamiya.mov
  • A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
    edited 2006-03-23 21:40
    Why does Parallax discontinue so much cool stuff??
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-03-23 22:12
    Variety of reasons, but the two most prominant is supply difficulties and demand. The RedI webserver was popular, but the company that made them had difficulty producing them after a while (not sure if it was an obsoleted part, or other issues). And some products just don't sell very well.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10