Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Oscilloscope Software? — Parallax Forums

New Oscilloscope Software?

AndyhAndyh Posts: 13
edited 2006-03-23 00:07 in BASIC Stamp
I was paging through the new Parallax catalog I just received in the mail and it shows a new improved·USB Ocilloscope (sic - someone should·fire the proofreader) scheduled for January 2006 release.· It's March.· I went to the Parallax website and it still has v.4.0 to download.· Is the new version available yet?

Regarding the forum - I tried the search function for "oscilloscope" and got only two listings, and was surprised there were so few,·but figured either it's a flaw in the search or everone misspells "oscilloscope".

- Andy -

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-03-22 17:53
    It has been delayed due to the 'scope hardware update to RoHS compliance.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • AndyhAndyh Posts: 13
    edited 2006-03-22 18:00
    First I've heard of software delayed by RoHS. - Andy -
    edited 2006-03-22 18:02
    There is only one engineer on that project, and -- due to compliance deadlines -- he has to put his focus into the hardware side at the moment.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
  • Jeff DegeJeff Dege Posts: 85
    edited 2006-03-22 19:04
    Is there any change to the hardware in function? Or is it simply switching parts for ROHS-certified parts?
    edited 2006-03-22 19:30
    It's never a matter of "simply" when making these kinds of design changes; that said, there are no new features in the RoHS-compliant 'scope.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
  • PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2006-03-23 00:07
    Andyh said...
    Regarding the forum - I tried the search function for "oscilloscope" and got only two listings, and was surprised there were so few, ...
    Use the Google-based Parallax SEARCH (rather than the search function found on the forum pages). I got back 66 hits·from·"oscilloscope usb site:forums.parallax.com"

See http://search.parallax.com/

PAR