Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
servos jerking on start up — Parallax Forums

servos jerking on start up

musk022musk022 Posts: 8
edited 2006-03-20 20:14 in Robotics
Is there any way from preventing the servos from jerking when you switch to the on position?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-20 15:21
    There is no way that I am aware of.· This is actually a quirk with the servos themselves.· Even on R/C Cars, Planes, etc. this can happen at power-up.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • musk022musk022 Posts: 8
    edited 2006-03-20 15:32
    Ok, thanks.· It is really awful when i have 8 servos that all move a little bit at startup.
    edited 2006-03-20 15:35
    I know what you mean.· On a Hex Crawler with 14 servos it's even worse.· This subject has come up before but non of the suggestions was really useable because it is a quirk with the servo itself.· I'm not sure if Digital Servos do this or not.· Most are compatible with standard servos, but I haven't actually used any.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Kenny GardnerKenny Gardner Posts: 169
    edited 2006-03-20 20:03
    I'm not sure if Digital Servos do this or not

I've got a bunch of HT-5645's but I haven't powered them up yet to see if they twitch.

But, I do know that the RoboNova powers up smoothly - no twitches at all, so I suspect that Digital Servos are immune to the twitching.

Kenny
    ·
    edited 2006-03-20 20:14
    Kenny,

·· That would make sense.· I had hoped to hear that this would be one of the things overcome on Digital Servos.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com