Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
StampDAQ — Parallax Forums

StampDAQ

RandyRandy Posts: 79
edited 2006-03-20 23:47 in BASIC Stamp
I have downloaded StampDAQ and it opens in excel just fine. What do I do with it now? Is there any documentation on how to use it? The help menu seems to be for excel only. I haven't a clue what I need to connect, what code to write, etc. I have looked at bunches of questions in the assorted forums but see nothing on step one.
Randy

Comments

• Robert@HCCRobert@HCC Posts: 80
    edited 2006-03-20 03:26
    After installing, goto start/all programs/Parallax inc/stampdaq/ and click on "simple data test bs2 code' for the basics of stampdaq use. the stampdaq help file at the same location is quite useful. As far as I know, it is only for reading data into Excel.

For my application, I am using stampdaq to read an EEPROM with data collected previously from various sensors and GPS. Stampdaq puts it all in excel in a nice format with some very simple programming.

Alohas,
    Robert
  • RandyRandy Posts: 79
    edited 2006-03-20 23:47
    Thanks Robert. I was opening StampDAQ from the short cut on the desk top and it goes straight to Excel. At a quick read of the help file it looks fairly easy to use. I am certain that once I dive in I'll have a different opinion. It will be a several weeks before I have a chance to attack this but I am really looking forward to it. I have an in use gizmo that I am proud of as my first stamp project. It currently reads 10 temperature probes and stores the high and low data and time for reading later on a LCD. I think a lot of HVAC guys would be interested in it if they want to build their own rather than use a commercially available unit that does lots more but without the fun of knowing it is theirs. Thanks again, it is nice to know that the solution is always easy once you know what it is.

Randy