Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Professional Development Board USB — Parallax Forums

Professional Development Board USB

MarkPMarkP Posts: 3
edited 2006-03-10 00:44 in BASIC Stamp
I recently purchased a Professional Development Board and I am having trouble getting the USB port to work. The port is recognized when connected but "Identify" does not find the BS2 or BS2P·module. When a program is ran, "No Basic Stamps Found" is displayed. If I·start a serial port program through the serial port and then disconnect it and connect the USB, I have bidirectional communication. I have set the port latency to 1 and changed most of the port settings without success. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-03-08 02:29
    Have you installed the latest FTDI drivers?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • MarkPMarkP Posts: 3
    edited 2006-03-08 13:35
    I installed the FTDI USB VCP Drivers (.zip) found at the bottom of the Parallax Professional Development Board page. http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28138.
  • SteelSteel Posts: 313
    edited 2006-03-09 17:50
    The VCP driver is for if you want your USB to be 'Virtual ComPort'. I don't know anything about the USB Dev board. If the USB Dev Board is supposed to respond to the PC as an actual USB Device, you will want to download the FTDI D2XX Driver. This is the driver to run it as a USB Device.

If it does act as a Virtual Comport, then verify that you are sending the information to the correct comport.· When I dl'd the VCP Driver, it set my USB device up on COM4 (Found in Hardware Manager).· If your Stamp Compiler is still set on Com1, it will see that there is nothing connected at COM1.· If you change that to your new Virtual Comport, then it should see it...

Or I may be no help to you, and you've already tried that.

Post Edited (Steel) : 3/9/2006 5:55:18 PM GMT
  • MarkPMarkP Posts: 3
    edited 2006-03-10 00:44
    I updated the drivers with the latest from FTDI (non virtual), for both the USB serial (com4) and the USB serial high speed converter. I set the editor to com port 4,·still no basic stamp found. If I open a debug termional and set it to com 4,·I have bidirectional communication through the USB. I have tried a desktop running 2K and a laptop running 98, same thing.
  • This happened to me also, but I came to know that the part of the power supply must receive power. This board needs the USB port to communicate with the computer, but needs the power supply to work.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-11-17 16:11
    Peter. Welcome to the forums. I'm glad the login problems got worked out, finally! :)