Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pocket Watch B — Parallax Forums

Pocket Watch B

argmafiaargmafia Posts: 30
edited 2006-03-04 03:23 in BASIC Stamp
I was wondering if you have any sample codes for the Pocket Watch B interfaced with the Basic Stamp

Comments

• argmafiaargmafia Posts: 30
    edited 2006-03-03 22:38
    Also, we only have 2 I/O ports left, can we still hook up the Pocket Watch B without the alarm? If so how do we use the pocket watch B to make the stepper motors turn at specified times.

Thanx
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-03-03 22:42
    You need one I/O for telling it to tell you the time and another for getting the time data.
    There are plenty of examples on the PocketWatchB PDF.
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-03-03 22:51
    Did you not see the response in your previous thread argmafia?

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=574291

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • Jeff DegeJeff Dege Posts: 85
    edited 2006-03-03 23:06
    You only need one pin on the Stamp to talk to the Pocket Watch B - it has both a transmit and a receive pin, but both can be connected to the same pin on the Stamp.

You don't need to use the Alarm pin at all.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-03-03 23:34
    Argmafia, please stop creating new threads when you ask another question about the same topic. I see around 5 threads started by you today, and the only ones I notice that are·not directly related with the others is the question on Menus and more IO pins (those are correctly different threads). By creating so many threads on the same general topic, you greatly increase the likelyhood of you missing important information, and you make it a headache for those of us trying to help you.

Here's my advice, look carefully at the Nuts an Volts article given to you in the Menus thread, don't just skim it, read it. It will answer several of your questions like 1) How to construct a Menu System, and 2) How to expand the number of effective pins you have without having to by a more IO pin Stamp.

If you are interested in how to interface with a particular product Parallax sells, look at all the documentation for the product page and 9 times out of 10 one of those documents will have example code for you.

For instance looking at the pocket watch data sheet on page 12, you see there is BS2 code provided for you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 3/3/2006 11:45:07 PM GMT
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-04 03:23
    Plenty of examples have been given in two threads.· This one is being locked.· Please see the link above for reference to the original thread.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com