Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial comm between PC and Stamp PDB — Parallax Forums

Serial comm between PC and Stamp PDB

Uncle GeorgeUncle George Posts: 14
edited 2006-03-03 19:17 in BASIC Stamp
confused.gif

I am having trouble using the serial comm between my PC and the stamp PDB. I can use the USB connection on the PDB to download and program the BS2 on the PDB, but cannot use the serial comm. On the message, there is "no echo and loop back", in addition to the "no basic stamp found". On the device manager in the PC, both com1 and com2 are enable and functioning correctly when using other device, like the palm pilot.

Parallax Tech Support suggested that I should uninstall the palm software. I did that, and it is still the same.

Also use the Portmom to monitor any serial port activity. There is none.

Check on the BIOS, com1 & 2 both anabled.

I am using Windows XP w/ sp2 on my PC and using pbasic editor 2.5 on the PDB.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-03-03 17:32
    You don't need to uninstall the Palm software, you just need to disable it so that you can use the comm port. There should be a dialog that lets you do this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Charlie JohnsonCharlie Johnson Posts: 147
    edited 2006-03-03 17:45
    This may sound stupid, but are you talking about the DB9 on the bottom left of the PDB? Or the DB9 on the top Left when you are refering to the serial comm?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-03-03 18:53
    Either way, if the PC has the port open you won't get serial comms. You won't be able to program the BASIC Stamp using the DB-9 progamming connection either.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Charlie JohnsonCharlie Johnson Posts: 147
    edited 2006-03-03 19:17
    Jon, you are correct, my train of thought was heading elsewhere.