Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Project help — Parallax Forums

Project help

therealBriantherealBrian Posts: 4
edited 2006-03-02 18:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hi to all,

lets get to the point i really dont know why did i choose this project its like evything else i do i guess.
I know it must be easy to be done...the way my teacher explained i really dont understand much so here it goes .He wants·this·done only·using school supplies ofcourse which i think i have evrything.

using a:
4x4 keypad
74C922 keypad encoder IC
Basic Stamp 2
64k eeprom (25lc640)

To be able to record every keytroke (single) entered to the eeprom so the data could be
retrived from the eeprom and analysed on a pc.

i think i undertand the schematic i want to do but the programming is killing me can anyone pls help me
with the codes to be burned to the Bstamp chip.

Thank you much apprecited for any comments

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-03-02 16:48
    · I could be absolutely wrong, but it's not very likely that anyone is going to write your program for you.
    · Obviously you're going to write a keypad reading subroutine, and a data/memory writing subroutine, and data/memory reading subroutine, and I suppose a subroutine where you'll interface with the PC you mentioned (it'll cue the STAMP to dump its accumulated data.)
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-03-02 16:56
    therealBrian -

Download "Nuts and Volts" article 97 from the link below for some examples using the 74C922 keypad decoder and a keypad with a Basic Stamp:
    http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/nvcolumns/Nuts_Volts_Downloads_V4.asp

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • therealBriantherealBrian Posts: 4
    edited 2006-03-02 16:59
    where could i learn how to write these and impliment them
    does anyone have any link....at leat show me the way so i could get this done less than a week
    i dont want anyone to hand it out to me nono.gif willing to learn thats why i am here scool.gif·

thanks again for ur reply
    edited 2006-03-02 17:00
    thanks bruce will read yeah.gif
    edited 2006-03-02 17:29
    is there other links where i could get more info on this pls help cry.gif
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-03-02 18:39
    If you're just new to the stamp, then at a minimum, go through the help file in the PBASIC program. That'll at least give you an idea what functions are available.

Secondly, and this will take you more than a week, download the 'free' "What's a Microcontroller" text from the Parallax site and go through some of the examples.
    This will give you a good understanding of how to program the stamp in general.
    Then graduate up to the keypad.

Do a search on this forum for more information.
    Did you look at some of the other N/V articles? I'm sure there's one or two there for storing to an EEPROM.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Joe MJoe M Posts: 45
    edited 2006-03-02 18:53
    I second reading the pdf for "whats a microntroller". Its a very good intro to pbasic programming.

-Joe