Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Roasted part of my new Development Board... oops! — Parallax Forums

Roasted part of my new Development Board... oops!

johnbotjohnbot Posts: 18
edited 2006-02-26 23:52 in BASIC Stamp
So I just had an incident with my beloved professional development board. Let's just say it involved VIN. While I had it connected (incorrectly) to my project the lights on the pulse generator (not invloved in circuit) flicked and I could smell hot chips. Went around testing the various parts of the board and it seems like the pulse generator is fried possibly along with the RTC and maybe the Max serial chip (didn't test this one). Everything else seems to check out OK including the stamp.

So my questions is, does parallax sell the surface mount replacement chips? Next time I won't flip on that power switch thingie before checking and rechecking my circuit. Just want my board back up and running asap.

Thanks for any help!

John

confused.gif

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-26 04:24
    John,

·· You will need to contact Tech Support directly about this.· Call Monday between 7A-5P Pacific Time or send an e-mail to support@parallax.com and we'll get you details.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • johnbotjohnbot Posts: 18
    edited 2006-02-26 05:18
    excellent thanks.

john
  • neotericneoteric Posts: 144
    edited 2006-02-26 15:33
    Since misery loves company, I'll tell you my story.· I was working with the Development Board yesterday.·· I have built several small projects, using the BOE and the WAM carrier board.·· The VSS and VDD on the development board are actually reversed on the Development Board from what I was in the habit of.·· Hooking up a ULN2003, cooked my BS2P40!·

Just telling you this, maybe you'll feel a little better....·
  • johnbotjohnbot Posts: 18
    edited 2006-02-26 23:52
    Thanks, glad to hear I'm not the only one. Funny thing, I was also hooking up a few ULN2803s! lol
    lol.gif