Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
using the audio in pin on EMIC — Parallax Forums

using the audio in pin on EMIC

Robert25Robert25 Posts: 53
edited 2006-02-21 00:07 in BASIC Stamp
Hi folks

This is more of a technical question.· Can the audio in pin of the EMIC module receive audio information directly from a BS2 pin?· My guess would be no because the stamp would be at 5V level and the EMIC input looks like about 600 mV.·

If not, as I suspect, how can this connection be made?· The goal would be to have the stamp generate sound effects that can be fed into the EMIC chip for subsequent amplification and playback through speaker.· Note: I have an external audio amp connected to the audio out (not the speakers) of the EMIC.

Other than that, I don't know of a way to get the EMIC to produce sounds other than TTS.
·

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-02-20 23:47
    Yes, it is possible: http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/cols/nv/vol5/col/nv108.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Robert25Robert25 Posts: 53
    edited 2006-02-20 23:57
    Jon,,

Thanks for the reference.... You know I actually read that article and it just didn't hit me.

By the way...· the Aarick robot I am constructing currently uses a servo driven·Ping sensor and EMIC chip to freely roam, with BS2 programming that "says" different things for encounters while roaming.· Given this backbone, I am adding to the program in steps.

I'll try the circuit and then program some interesting "robotic" roaming sounds etc.

Thanks
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-02-21 00:07
    I think there's a bunch of demo code for our audio appmod that has very familar robotic sounds using FREQOUT.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax