Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
nEwBIe — Parallax Forums

JHER VON ARBANELJHER VON ARBANEL Posts: 1
edited 2006-02-17 00:57 in BASIC Stamp
HI EVERY BODY , I've already bought a book calles pratical design with microcontrolers

in the talk me about basic stamp andthir own instructions, i have a question ,,,,,,,does the software generate HEX files or·i ougth to buy the kit to begin programing

·jumpin.gifthx a lot jumpin.gif··

Comments

• Grant_OGrant_O Posts: 36
    edited 2006-02-16 22:47
    HEX files? If anything Id think it would be binary. But I'm not sure. Anyways, you don’t really need the kits (although "newbies" really should take advantage of them), but to just get the basics up and going all you need is a project/bread board, some short wires, a nice power supply and a DB9 Rs232 female connector cable connected between your computer and a few pins on the stamp. And with just that you can run DEBUG commands and see the stamp·at work. But to use the I/O takes a little knowledge in simple circuit design and can become quite the hair puller outer.

But good luck as you will find after your first sucessful project it will become a hobby!
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-17 00:57
    Hello,

·· You'll probably get more responses in the future if your posts have a meangingful subject line.· Something besides nEwBiE would let other users know what your post is about.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com