Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2e problems — Parallax Forums

BS2e problems

gilabitegilabite Posts: 20
edited 2006-02-17 15:33 in BASIC Stamp
I recently purchased the OEM BS2e not the whole kit just the parts. I assembled the parts on a breadboard and when I hook it up to program it throught the PC the basic stamp editor says the program tokenized and downloaded successfully. But the basic stamp does nothing. I tried several programs even small ones that just blink an LED and none of them work. Anybody have any ideas. Can anyone provide me with some diagnostic steps I could take to try to diagnose the problem or maybe some steps I could take with a multimeter to make sure everything is working. I dont understand why the editor says the stamp is there and working if its not since everytime I had something hooked up wrong before it would say there was no stamp. Please help!!! confused.gifconfused.gif

Comments

• Grant_OGrant_O Posts: 36
    edited 2006-02-16 21:31
    Run a debug command.

Eg.

' {$STAMP BS2}

number VAR B1

main:
    DEBUG· CLS, "Number = ", DEC number
    PAUSE 100
    number = number + 1
    GOTO main
  • Grant_OGrant_O Posts: 36
    edited 2006-02-16 21:36
    if that works you should see a window popup on your computer that says

"Number = 1"

and every 100 miliseconds or so·that number will increase by one until it reaches 255 and then will repeate from 0
  • gilabitegilabite Posts: 20
    edited 2006-02-16 21:49
    Thanks for your reply grant. When I went to go do what you told me to do I noticed a ground wire wasnt connected all the way. Was up real late stupid me didnt notice itsmilewinkgrin.gif
    What you told me to do works fine and now with the help of the ground wire the other program I was trying to run works to. Setting up the OEM BS2e on a breadboard gets pretty busy. I have another post maybe you could help me with. Its about abacoms am-rt5 and am-hrr3. Thanks for your help.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-17 01:32
    gilabite,

·· How did you get the BS2e interpreter onto the breadboard?· We only have that in a surface mount package.· Just curious.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • gilabitegilabite Posts: 20
    edited 2006-02-17 02:31
    Hi Chris. No you guys also sell the BS2e interpreter in Dip format. Thats what I used.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-17 15:33
    Well, how about that...You are correct!· I stand corrected as I was thinking the SX was the only one with an SX28, but I dug through my box and found a BS2e and it does have the SX28, so yes, we would have a DIP version of that.· Interpreters based on the SX48 (As in the BS2p series) would only come in surface mount.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com