Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Trying to Identify An LCD Backpack — Parallax Forums

Trying to Identify An LCD Backpack

Dan in VanDan in Van Posts: 2
edited 2006-02-16 00:56 in BASIC Stamp
Received an LCD 2x16 Characters with no datasheet.· The LCD itself is a 16pin soldered to a "backpack" utilizing a PIC16F876-20/SP.· Trying to
figure out the pin assignments so I can use it in a Stamp Project. Can anyone recognize this.· Thanks
1038 x 502 - 481K

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2006-02-16 00:48
    I am pretty sure the pic won't help you identify it...

The only true way you can identify the lcd, is to take the board the pic is sitting on off of the lcd board, so the lcd chips and layout can be looked at. Once you identify the lcd controller chip, you can then get a datasheet on the controller chip and read it to understand how to get the lcd to do stuff.

Take the circuit board the PIC is attached to off of the lcd board. Then upload the picture here if you still can't identify it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Meh. Nothing here, move along.
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-02-16 00:54
    I Googles RTC-Systems and found this www.eio.com/public/lcd.2003/0365.html
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-02-16 00:56
    The PIC is connected to the pins at the bottom of your picture, so it appears that the LCD is a 4 x something.· My Combo backpack does the same thing except it uses a 16F628.· What you are looking for is three pins that go to the backpack - Vcc, ground and data -· to connect to your Stamp.· The pins on the left side of the backpack - P for Vcc, D for data and G for ground is probably what you are looking for.· The B if for backlight - I,m not sure what the L is for.· If you have a pinout of the 16F876 you can check the Vcc and ground connections.· The D pin probably goes to pin 18 of the PIC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Do you have a Stamp Tester yet?
    http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html

·