Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help on programming A BS2pe — Parallax Forums

Need help on programming A BS2pe

roger_singroger_sing Posts: 9
edited 2006-02-17 19:44 in BASIC Stamp
I want the BS2pe be able to record entries from a keypad.· There is a membrane switch placed underneath the pad that sends signals to the 13 pins connected.· The entries must be saved as a batch of 10.··Each batch·must also save·data from an RFID card reader in the EPROM.· I am having trouble with the codes on this project.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-02-15 20:50
    Roger,

What are the keypad entries? Numbers? Single-digit? Multi-digit? The devil is in the details and if you don't have them worked out it will be difficult to assist. You might want to expand on your keypad entry requirements. How do you know you're at the end of a multi-digit sequence?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • roger_singroger_sing Posts: 9
    edited 2006-02-15 21:02
    REPLY,

The keypad entries are single digit numbers (0-9). Each digit is linked to each pin of the microcontroller through the membrane switch. When a card is read and the entries are made, it must be stored in the EPROM. A batch contains maximum ten entries. The entries are terminated by an "OK" button.

Post Edited (roger_sing) : 2/15/2006 9:42:41 PM GMT
    edited 2006-02-15 21:10
    I'm still not sure I'm getting it (not the sharpest knife in the drawer today). So you present an RFID tag, the tage gets read, then you enter 10 digits from the keypad and press the "OK" button?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    edited 2006-02-15 21:34
    Reply,

I am not quiet sure if I should use an RFID tag or not.· Maybe I would need more lessons on how an RFID tag works to tell you exactly if I am going to be using it.· But, as far as storing the entries, they are just simple number entry. If the entry is from button one, pin 1 should store 1 and so on.I need to also connect an extra storage device like a flash card to store all my data since the EPROM would have less storage capacity.I would like to know if you know of any such storage device.· I can email you the membrane switch if you need a clear idea.

Many Thanks.

Post Edited (roger_sing) : 2/15/2006 9:43:17 PM GMT
    edited 2006-02-15 22:54
    I still don't have a clear idea of what you're doing, Roger. Please forgive me, my brain is a bit of a scramble today with all that is going on. Perhaps if you described the process from a higher level, the technical details would start to make sense. What's the purpose of your system?

There is a company called Rogue Robotics that makes a Stamp-device that lets you write files to an MMC card.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    edited 2006-02-17 19:44
    I am sorry if my explanations are not making sense. This is my first project. The project includes a membrane switch placed under a keypad to get the key entries. The membrane switch is connected to a BS2pe. Each pin is to be programmed to record every entry on the keypad. If a "1" is entered on the keypad, the BS2pe is to save "1" in the EPROM. The keypad has buttons (0-9), a "OK" button and a correction button. The entries have to be saved as a batch of 8 which is the maximum entry. If the correction button is to entered, the entry must be deleted and rewritten. The BS2pe is to start recording the data after the card is read and saved in the EPROM. The main idea behind the project is to keep track of data for later retrieval. The data here is the card swipe and the number entered in the keypad to be stored with a timestamp.

I am having trouble writing the codes for this project. I got an outline idea and I designed a membrane switch to support my project. I hope someone out there would be able to help me with this.

Many Thanks.

Post Edited (roger_sing) : 2/22/2006 7:50:24 PM GMT