Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
USB BOE download error — Parallax Forums

USB BOE download error

agentileagentile Posts: 101
edited 2006-02-13 20:47 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
· I have been having some difficulty in loading programs onto the BOE using a USB cable.· The error I am getting is "Hardware Communication Failure. Check Serial Cable and Power Supply."· The BOE and the stamp (BS2)·are brand new, and I know that the problem is not with them.· I have tried this on several computers, and the same problem exists.· I have also used another USB cable.· I have also tried a second new BS2 to be sure.· Same problem.
· The problem occurs during the download.· The tokenize is successful, and the download process usually begins normally.· Then, at seemingly random points of the download, the error pops up.··Then I·put the COM3 directive in my program, and the problem stopped.··I will be working with my BS2 on many different computers.· So, is the COM directive required each time I·download a program?· And will the COM directive change from computer to computer?

thanks,
agentile·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-13 20:47
    Hello,

·· You definately should not use the COM directive on code shared among different computers as it will change.· Try the following...Go into your Device Manager and open the Ports category.· You should see a USB Serial Port COMx where x is the COM Port assigned by the driver.· Double-Click on that entry and select Port Properties then Click Advanced.· Change the latency timer down to 1 (default is 16).· Click Okay on both windows and try again (Without the COM Port directive).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com