Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stepper Motor Help — Parallax Forums

Stepper Motor Help

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2006-07-25 10:19 in BASIC Stamp
It has been some time since I have been on this board. I am hoping to once again get back to my many projects I had going before being inundated with work. Any how, about a year ago someone (I Believe John) posted a basic and simple program to test a stepper motor for direction and step. If anyone remembers this, please send me to that link again so I can download the info again. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-13 20:19
    Hello,

·· You can find an example of controlling·a Stepper Motor using the L293D in the Stamp Works Kit at the following page.· The manual is available in PDF format.· If you need the code for using the ULN2803 let me know and I will dig that out.· take care.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27297

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • sirionsirion Posts: 3
    edited 2006-07-24 18:10
    Whats the normal way to connect a bipolar 2 phase motor to the L239D ?
    I tried the example on http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/sw/Web-sw-v2.0.pdf ( exp. 27) but then the motor don't rotate, it goes 1 step forward and 1 step back again and again .

Please help
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
    edited 2006-07-24 20:11
    Do you have a wiring diagram for the stepper? If not take a meter, read acoss the wires to find out which are the two phases. There should be only 4 wires right? Next get a battery or supply, with the + side touch it on one side of a phase and the - to its other wire. Note the rotation and wiring scheme. Then go to the other set of wires do the same thing. Look for the polarity that moves the motor in the same direction. Then try that wiring setup with the driver.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    something smells like it's on fire
  • sirionsirion Posts: 3
    edited 2006-07-25 07:14
    Hi, I have the wiring diagram, and tried changing the wires to the L293D , but no luck , just one step forward and back again and again. When using a 2 phase bipolar stepper there's nothing I have to change elsewere on the circuit ? , The example shows a 4 phase stepper...

Thanks in advance...
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-07-25 10:19
    One step forward, one step back?
    My guess is that you have the polarity backward on one pair of wires[noparse][[/noparse]one set of coils]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan